Back to School

Let's be honest, as a high school senior graduating high school you don't ever envision walking the hallways ever again. In other words, it kind of sounds like your worst nightmare. Although, I went to an amazing school which I am continuously thankful for the older I get, I like, some of you, was not a "school person". The homework, the thought of being stuck in classrooms for 6+ hours a day still make be cringe. However, when I went to college I learned to love school for what is it. I loved the idea of expanding my mind and learning new things, all while being around people from all different of backgrounds and walks of life.

With all that being said, I never in a million years thought I would be at my old high school walking the halls again. This time not as a student, but a teacher. The past two weeks I embarked on my new little season of teaching middle school and high school photography. A week or so ago I posted Randi's maternity photos. She is the photography teacher at my old middle school & high school. When she got pregnant she asked if I would like to take over for the last 2 1/2 months of school. After an interview and much prayer, I couldn't decline. I get to work with teenagers AND talk about photography to people that HAVE to listen to me?! Just kidding. well sort of ;)

High school is when I fell in love with photography. I can honestly say I have NO IDEA what I would be doing if I hadn't "met" photography (sounds cheesy I know). But really! I have learned so many life lesson, met so many great people and learned so much about myself through my passion. Finding something your passionate about at a young age can really shape who you become in the years to come. This is one of the many reason I am so excited to be able to be apart of young peoples lives. All though it is just a short amount of time, If i can inspire just one person to live out their passion (doesn't have to be photography) than I have done my job.

Cheers to new adventures!

Inspired to inspire,
 Miss Bethany ;)


No comments

Post a Comment

© Bethany Paige
Maira Gall