The more you create...

I always joke  saying “I know I am suppose to be a photographer, because I honestly don’t know what else I would be doing”. Photography is something that runs deep within in me. It is something that is hard to explain, because I'm not even sure I fully understand it. When I think about the logistics of it, Its a piece of equipment, I tell someone to do a pose, I click my camera and "whaaalaaa", a picture comes up on my screen and for some reason it makes me unbelievably happy. OBVIOUSLY there is way more to my job and photography than that, but to the normal person that is all it looks like. There is just something about this thing called photography that makes me feel at home. There are times when I am out on a shoot with someone and I feel more "Me" than I do anywhere. I guess it can be related to being in love. That kind of love where you can’t help but use every clichés in the book to describe how you feel.

If I am being transparent with you, there are times in my craft, I can get mundane and not really push myself to my fullest potential. I can get so consumed with all the other photographers out there and not think my work or my business could get to that level. But every. single. time. without a doubt these are the times that I am not creating; the times that I am too busy looking around instead of looking up and inward.  I heard a quote by someone that said “The MORE you create, the MORE you want to create, the LESS you create the LESS you want to create.” This can be transferred to any area of your life that requires your entire heart to do it. Take out create and put that thing that you know God created you to do. 

I started this blog post, aspiring to write something entirely different and this is what came out. As I write this I can't help but think this is the same way most of my best art is created. I start with an idea and it comes out COMPLETELY different than what I started with, but it ends up better than I could of imagined. Long story, short: get out there and DO that thing (create, help, write, build, explore, etc.) you know your suppose to do and the rest will follow.

Inspired to inspire,
Bethany 




PS. The Giving Keys are an amazing company with an even better message. Check them out at www.thegivingkeys.com.


No comments

Post a Comment

© Bethany Paige
Maira Gall