10 things I'm thankful for...

In honor of Thanksgiving, I decided to write out 10 things I am thankful for. Hope it inspires you to pursue the things in life that you love and are thankful...

#1- Random game nights- The game nights that aren't planned, but just happen. The ones that happen when your sitting in room full of your closest friends & decide to play a round of "Nertz" or "fish bowl". The kind of game nights that make personalities come out in your friends that you never knew were there.


#2- Handwritten notes/cards- Call me an old lady, but I could spend hours in Hallmark picking out the perfect card for someone. After reading the 5 love language book (highly recommend) I realized on one of my "love languages" is words of affirmation. There are few things that make me feel more loved than a good, thoughtful card.

#3- Car rides to "no where" with someone I love- This is one of my favorite things to do. Sometimes my boyfriend and I will just go on drives to literally nowhere. We usually just wind up making a loop right back home. But there is nothing like driving with the windows down, listening to your favorite music and sometimes not even saying a word, but enjoying each others company. Sounds cheesy, but I challenge you to try it sometime. In a world where we are always in a rush to be somewhere, not having a destination is refreshing.


#4- God's grace- One of my favorite sayings I've heard is, "Grace doesn't make sense, until you need some". It couldn't be more true. There are so many times in life where we can be quick to point the finger or judge, but when I turn around and look at my own life and see all that God does for me, I am brought to the understanding of God's grace once again. The fact that He is so faithful in every area of life even when I'm faithless, will forever amaze me.

#5- Law Enforcement officers- This year I've learned a lot about what police officers deal with on a daily basis. I'm thankful there are such brave men and women that run towards a situation when everyone else runs away from it.


#6- Friendships that don't change even when our zip codes do- Over the years I have had most of my best friends live in different states and even different countries for that matter. There is something so special about being able to face-time your friend with a 12 hour time difference and have a heart to heart like they are sitting with you at your kitchen table.

#7- "Like-minded" people- Every time I go to a photography or business conference it amazes me how I can feel like I've been friends with people my whole life after just meeting them. There is something powerful about like-minded people coming together to achieve the same goal in life. It's one of my all time favorite things.


#8- My Parents- Shout out to the people that know what my morning breath smells like and still love me the same ;) Kidding (well kind of.) For real though, there is no way I would be where I am in my life without their support. For letting their creative kid follow their passion to be a photographer. They encouraged me to spend every dime I made in high school towards camera equipment, because they realized how much I loved it. I can always count on them to listen to me go on and on about "artsy- fartsy" things even if they "just don't understand it".

#9- Corgis- There is something about their cute little legs and fat butts that I just CAN'T! ;) I'm thankful for a little creature that can make me laugh so hard. Once in awhile my boyfriend will  surprise me and take me to pet stores just to get my "corgi fix". Although I don't own one myself yet, my instagram feed is full of them. Toasty, Reese and Bonnet to name just a few of my favs ;)
  

#10- My siblings- Let me first put this out there, I'm a middle child. So sometimesss I might have middle child syndrome (ya know the "HEY GUYS WHAT ABOUT ME?!" kid) But I do love my peeps. My older brother is a definition of  "an older brother". He is always their to protect me, put me in my place, and help whenever I need it. Now for my little sister, I always say, "if she was my older sister I would have serious issues" haha. She is the most smart, driven, 16 year old I've ever met and inspires me to strive to be the best I can be.



Happy Thanksgiving, friends. Love you all!

xoxo
Bethany

1 comment

  1. Love this post Bethany! I so agree with #7, I'm so thankful for like-minded people like yourself! You're such an amazing photographer and it''s so inspiration to have people here that share the same create passions!

    Always & Forever, Lo

    Theforeverandalways.com

    ReplyDelete

© Bethany Paige
Maira Gall